Wednesday 13 April 2011

My first exhibition!!

Last night was the opening night of the exhibition, Between the Lines. This is an exhibition that had a combination of the works of 10 different artists each using their own particular techniques to bring together an exhibition.

After two very busy days setting up, the private view last night was a massive success, even with a sale of a piece of work! The exhibition is now open 11 - 5pm wednesday to saturday so you still have a chance to catch it.

I was so pleased with how my work looked when it was all put up, made the hard work seem worth it! It has also inspired me to carry on with what i'm doing and to try experiment with the idea of the birds on different backgrounds. It was said at a group crit on monday that maybe I should try to use the patterns of the backgrounds as the feathers for the birds and the birds feathers as the background. I might have a look into trying this out and to see how successful it looks.

Another thing that I am wanting to do is to take my own pictures of birds and to draw them  from life as I think that this will improve my skills and help to make them more realistic. So maybe by the next post there might be some more birds to add to the 'Menagerie'. 

1 comment:

  1. congrats! and birds are so beautiful I think you should go for that!

    ReplyDelete